[Talk-in] Border state | districts

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:23:23 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Harshad RJ <harshad.rj at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Do we have different state as well as district boundaries?
>
> From my experience with district boundaries, I would say state & district
> boundaries should not be separate, as it avoids redundancy. Benefits:
<snip>

There will be challenges to overcome. We need to make use of resources
efficiently, but what should be right from the user's perspective need
to be considered. We need to make machine to work for human, not human
should work to suit machines.

If I make a paper map of India, I will show state borders, and when I
make map of state, then district's border will be shown.

Just think, if we have borders of villages in addition to districts
and state, then what will happen?

--
H.S.Rai