[Talk-in] veg and non-veg

Guillaume Audirac guillaume.audirac at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:12:35 BST 2009

Hi,

or can we have keys for this like

> veg=yes/no
> nonveg=yes/no
>
> so that this can cover hotels that server both veg and non-veg.

Personally, I find more appropriate to use the existing tags:
amenity = restaurant, combined with:
cuisine = vegetarian
or
cuisine = non-vegetarian

Have a look here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:cuisine

First using attributes in full makes it more explicit. OpenStreetMap is used
worldwide and some vegetarian restaurants can even be found in other
countries. If non-specified, the restaurant is supposed to serve both veg
and non-veg and is not tagged on the map. Of course, cuisine = indian does
not make sense for India.
Moreover, I am not sure of the relevance of the non-vegetarian attribute.
All the non-vegetarian restaurants I know propose vegetarian meals.

Guillaume