[Talk-in] A-GPS as GPS

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sat May 29 08:18:01 BST 2010

On 29 May 2010 12:20, H.S.Rai <hs at raiandrai.com> wrote:
> Can A-GPS be used as GPS?

AFAIK Yes but it will take slightly longer to get a fix unless you can
point it to a assist server.

> All are having A-GPS, and sales man says one need to subscribe and pay
> monthly for use of navigational through A-GPS.

See above. Monthly subscription would be for use of assist server database.

I have two A-GPS device for vehicle tracking and they work equally
well for the purpose as GPS devices.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations
whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue. Snip out what is not
relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.