[Talk-in] A-GPS as GPS

H.S.Rai hs at raiandrai.com
Sun May 30 07:13:19 BST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <jace at pobox.com> wrote:

> I have an Android phone. I do not pay anything for GPS service. It is free,
> gets a fix within 15-20 seconds, and typically gives me 4 metre accuracy in
> the city.

Is it will GPS or A-GPS? It seems this much quick fix is only possible
through A-GPS. With you plan for GPRS, use of A-GPS may be free.

Update on my purchase:

Blue tooth does not work on LG GW620.

Salesman confirmed after consulting "someone" that A-GPS requires Internet.

So with limited time and energy to compare and explore, I purchased
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.

Has A-GPS and GPS, A-GPS work only through GPRS, and not through WiFi.

Though Symbian is OpenSource, and Gammu support maximum handsets from
Nokia, but for this model it support only "info".

http://wammu.eu/phones/nokia/?page=3
http://wammu.eu/phones/nokia/2929/

So using this mobile on Linux PC/Laptop is not possible, sad :-( and
my bad luck.

--
H.S.Rai