[Talk-in] [Survey]: Assessment of Training Needs in Remote Sensing for Conservation in India.
H. S. Sudhira
hs.sudhira at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:33:01 UTC 2016
If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out in
Assessment of Training Needs in Remote Sensing for Conservation in India
We are trying to understand the different training needs in the use and
application of Remote Sensing for Conservation in India. It would be
helpful if you can respond to the following questions.
Thanks for your time and inputs!
Dr. H. S
Sudhira (Gubbi Labs), Prof. Har
ni Nagendra (APU) and Dr. Rajan M. B. (NIAS)
Current Location *
Choose the status that best describes your current status. *
- Researcher (Doctoral/Post-doctoral)
- Adjunct Faculty
- Full-time Faculty Member (Assistant/Associate/Professor/Fellows)
- Practitioner / Professional (including those with profit/non-profit
Are you aware of the National Remote Sensing Data Policy? *
Are you using / applying remote sensing for: *
- Research / Academic purposes
- Practice / Generating reports
- Policy Advisory
- No, not using / applying at the moment
- Interested to use it in the future
What are the challenges in working with satellite remote sensing data in
ecology or conservation? *
- Access to high (spatial/temporal/spectral) resolution cloud-free
- Lack of trained capacity to work with satellite remote sensing data
- Access to appropriate tools (software applications)
- The data costs are too high
Do you foresee capacity requirement of more trained human-power for
working with satellite remote sensing datasets? *
1 2 3
Yes, there is a need for it
No, there are many already
Did you receive any training in handling satellite remote sensing data? *
If yes, from where?
How long was your training duration?
- Certificate (< 12 weeks)
- PG Diploma (> 12 weeks to 12 months)
- Masters (> 18 months)
Do you think there are adequate avenues for one to receive training to
learn/work with satellite remote sensing data *
Do you think that satellite remote sensing has been applied in ecology
or conservation effectively? *
1 2 3 4 5
Is there any way do you think that can boost use / application of
satellite remote sensing data in ecology or conservation?
Please share any challenges of using remote sensing for conservation
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
[image: Google Forms]
This form was created inside of Gubbi Labs.
- Terms of Service <http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS> - Additional Terms
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-in