[Talk-in] National Highway relations are unacceptably huuuuge!

Amaroussi (OpenStreetMap) mapper at minoa.li
Thu Jul 21 13:51:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have set up NH765 as a prototype for the reformed relations - NH765 is a small route where it should be easy to fine tune the idea before full-scale conversion.

The base route (https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3871741) would only contain sub-relations with for each State that it passes through with appropriate role names (as the E-route system already does).

The sub-relations, for Telangana (https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5826946) and Andhra Pradesh (https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5826980) in our case, would contain appropriately ordered ways, with the main route on top and links (slip roads) at the bottom.

I envisage that one relation for each state should be sufficient for the time being.

— Amaroussi.