[Talk-in] Tagging guidelines for buildings

संकेत गराडे garade at protonmail.com
Thu Jan 21 05:22:46 UTC 2021

Thanks for the response.

> More detailed is better.. as it has more information.
> So a separate node of area for the toilets is better than a tag on the
> building as it indicates where in the building the toilets are.

This, I understand, is fine for structures where there are sub-parts ,eg. such as a toilet inside a building.

But say, there is just one standalone grocery shop, then
1. do I directly tag the building area with the shop name and its address etc.
Or
2. Let the building area ( ie. The square shape) be as it is, without any tags. And add another node, say in front of the grocery store, and give the name, address etc. tags to that node.

Which of the above 2 is a better or standard practice?

Thanks.