[Talk-in] Tagging guidelines for buildings

संकेत गराडे garade at protonmail.com
Thu Jan 21 06:39:42 UTC 2021

> Reason why I do this is shops move from building to building so a node is easier as that leaves the building behind.
Understood. That makes sense.

I think, I too will follow what you are doing, with some modification like:
For immovable properties such as a residential society, park, temple etc., directly tag the building area with the building details.
For movable property, such as shop inside a building or mall etc., add a separate node ( inside the building) and tag it with the shop details.

> People do either.
I was wondering if we could agree upon some guideline for this and update the wiki with it.
So that it will help others also, who may have this question. And also help in consistent tagging style across India.

Thanks,
Sanket