[OSM-ja] Osmose-QA - Question about multilingual tags

Frédéric Rodrigo fred.rodrigo @ gmail.com
2016年 6月 25日 (土) 17:15:56 UTC

Hello

We are working on run Osmose-QA world wide, and Japan is one of the last
country to fulfill the coverage. Osmose-QA is a quality tools reporting
issues about OSM data, like Keeright or OSM-Inspector.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quality_assurance

http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/ja/map/#zoom=11&lat=34.8174&lon=137.0197&layer=Mapnik

We have a question about multilingual tags. Do you have some rules about
usage of name, name:ja, name:ja_kana, name:ja_rm ?
In particular in Osmose-QA we check if the default name is same as local
name (name:ja).

Can you explain what is right and what is wrong and should to be fixed,
e.g. :

name = 沖浦 (Okiura)
name:ja = 沖浦
name:ja_kana = おきうら
name:ja_rm = Okiura

name = 広島県道75号三原竹原線 (Route Mihara Takehara)
name:en = Route Mihara Takehara
name:ja = 広島県道75号三原竹原線

name = 新広島幹線 (Shin Hiroshima Kansen)
name:en = New Hiroshima Trunk Line
name:ja = 新広島幹線
name:ja_rm = Shin Hiroshima Kansen

name = セブン−イレブン東城川東店
name:en = Seven-Eleven
name:ja = セブン-イレブン
name:ja_rm = Sebun Irebun

name = カインズホーム (CAINZ HOME)
name:en = CAINZ HOME
name:ja = カインズホーム
name:ja_rm = Kainnzu Homu

name = ENEOS
name:en = ENEOS
name:ja = エネオス
name:ja_rm = Eneosu

We already have some special rules for multilingual areas, but it is not
exactly your case, like in Brussels area:

name = Rue du Prince Albert - Prins Albertstraat
name:fr = Rue du Prince Albert
name:nl = Prins Albertstraat

or in Morocco:

name = Avenue Pasteur شارع باستور
name:ar = شارع باستور
name:fr = Avenue Pasteur

If you have any problem, remark or question about the website or the
issues reported by Osmose-QA or about the translation, please, feel free
to report.

Regards.
Frédéric Rodrigo.