[Talk-ma] mapping caïdats and cercles

Frédéric Rodrigo fred.rodrigo at gmail.com
Sam 28 Mar 17:01:23 UTC 2015

Le 28/03/2015 17:23, Ali a écrit :
> hi,
> I inserted a time ago Morocco on  that page
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Admin_level
> I forgot that page.
> Maybe i change the Admin_level=7  from "caidats" to "cercles" and assing
> the "caidats" to boundary_local_authority would be a good sullution,
> because the "caidats" are under lower level then "cercles".
>
> boundary_local_authority are mentioned here in the overlay:
> http://layers.openstreetmap.fr/?zoom=11&lat=34.57298&lon=-2.51861&layers=B0000FFFFFFFFFFFFTFFFFFFFFF

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dlocal_authority
local_authority was introduced in France because admin_level not match
the definition. French local_authorities are groups of  admin_level=8,
but can be cross any other admin_level. It's not part of the country
admin_level scheme.

> administrative layer of Morocco:
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca%C3%AFdat#/media/File:Moroccan_administrative_division.png

Moving existing admin_level may have sense.