[Talk-ma] [OKFILTER] Re: mapping caïdats and cercles

John Freed john.freed.paris at gmail.com
Sam 28 Mar 17:21:48 UTC 2015

I agree with Frederic that local_authority is probably not the best
solution because the caidats really are (always) part of the cercles. I
also note that Mali has cercles as Admin_level=6

So I would propose:

Admin_level=5 is for prefectures and provinces (collectively, wilaya) [THIS
IS A CHANGE]

Admin_level=6 is for cercles and pashalik [THIS IS NEW]

Admin_level=7 is for caidat, districts and arrondissements [THIS IS THE
SAME]

Admin_level=8 is for municipalities and rural communes [THIS IS THE SAME]

As I said, there are only 75 wilayat, so this is not too hard a change. I
would be willing to do it if everyone agrees.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Frédéric Rodrigo <fred.rodrigo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 28/03/2015 17:23, Ali a écrit :
>
>> hi,
>> I inserted a time ago Morocco on  that page
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Admin_level
>> I forgot that page.
>> Maybe i change the Admin_level=7  from "caidats" to "cercles" and assing
>> the "caidats" to boundary_local_authority would be a good sullution,
>> because the "caidats" are under lower level then "cercles".
>>
>> boundary_local_authority are mentioned here in the overlay:
>> http://layers.openstreetmap.fr/?zoom=11&lat=34.57298&lon=-2.51861&layers=
>> B0000FFFFFFFFFFFFTFFFFFFFFF
>>

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dlocal_authority
> local_authority was introduced in France because admin_level not match the
> definition. French local_authorities are groups of  admin_level=8, but can
> be cross any other admin_level. It's not part of the country admin_level
> scheme.
>
>  administrative layer of Morocco:
>> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca%C3%AFdat#/media/File:
>> Moroccan_administrative_division.png
>>

> Moving existing admin_level may have sense.
>

>> best regards
>>
>> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Frédéric Rodrigo
>> Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2015 2:44 PM
>> To: Ali ; talk-ma at openstreetmap.org
>> Subject: Re: [Talk-ma] mapping caïdats and cercles
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Admin_level=7 is already documented as districts/caïdats on the wiki :
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Admin_level
>>
>> But not used in data :
>> http://layers.openstreetmap.fr/?zoom=11&lat=34.57298&lon=-2.51861&layers=
>> B0000FFFFFFFFFFFFTFFFFFFFFF
>>

>> admin_level must be used for... admin limit and must be consistent,
>> lower levels must be included in upper level. Note, boundaries can be
>> other type than adminstrative. I don't know enough the Morocan
>> admistrative layers to provide an answer, but only point you ressources.
>>
>> Frédéric.
>>

>> Le 28/03/2015 14:23, Ali a écrit :
>>
>>> hi,
>>> I want to start mapping the caïdats and cercles as seen in
>>> example:http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Province_de_Taourirt under
>>> Découpage territorial.
>>> any idee how to assing the amin levels for these  cercles and caidats?
>>> explain of caidats is in wikipedia:
>>> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca%C3%AFdat#Le_ca.C3.AFdat_
>>> dans_le_d.C3.A9coupage_administratif
>>>
>>> i know the “cercles” are “children” of  a province (parent) and
>>> “caidats” are “children of “cercles”.
>>> knowing the province has admin_level=6 and municipalities has
>>> admin-level=8.
>>> if i use admin level=7 for “cercles” is it possible to use admin level=9