[OSM-talk-nl] Betr: Re: ODbL acceptance statistics for the Netherlands

Frank Steggink steggink at steggink.org
Tue Dec 14 21:22:01 GMT 2010

On 10-12-14 09:46 PM, Henk Hoff wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Frank Steggink <steggink at steggink.org
> <mailto:steggink at steggink.org>> wrote:
>

>     Why the haste (also @Henk), and why the focus on numbers? As far
>     as I know, we're still in the *voluntary* acceptance phase, so
>     we're still far from saying goodbye to non-ODbL data.
>

> Haste???? I wouldn't call the pace this process is going "fast". Let
> alone we're showing a lot of haste.
>
> The discussion I was having in this thread was related to an import
> (3DShapes) which was stated by Stefan that it is PD. Hence, there are
> no legal reasons why not to accept the Contributor Terms.
> Huge imports that are not under the new CT, like 3DShapes, raises a
> lot of questions whether these imports are compatible or not. You've
> seen these discussions on this mailinglist. Let's make it clear: when
> this import is compatible with the Contributor Terms, set the account
> accordingly.
>
> Cheers,
> Henk

Apparently the opinions on whether the CT should be accepted by import
accounts hasn't been settled completely. Yes, it does take a lot of
time, but exerting too much pressure does the cause (i.e. convince
people to accept the ODbL and CT) more harm than good. It raises more
questions, especially when this is done by OSMF representatives.

Frank