[talk-ph] No you can't do that yet in OSM Philippines

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 02:55:23 GMT 2008

yes, it is the lack of data ... and the holes in the data ... and, may I
add, it is also the "unmergered" ways.  A while back I noticed several ways
that are not merged at the supposedly intersection or junctions.  Like the
Star Tollway for example, a couple of months ago it does not really link to
the way that goes to Lipa City.  And, so understandably, the router program
can not link Lipa to Manila via the Star Tollway.  Some mappers have nicely
plotted ways but were not able to merge the nodes of junctions.

I take extra effort to check such junction nodes to make sure that the
provincial ways would actually route properly.  It gets quite engrossing
especially when it comes to complicated interchanges like the NLEX / SCTEX
motorway link, for example, making sure that the NLEX northbound lanes will
link properly with the SCTEX subic-bound and northbound lanes as it passes
through the interchange ...  but it is fun doing it.

keep on mapping ... it's been very nice here at OSM
:>)

--
website administrator:
- www.waypoints.ph