[talk-ph] OpenStreetMap Philippines Inc. Formation

Andre Marcelo-Tanner andre at enthropia.com
Tue May 19 07:35:35 BST 2009

Ok so a lot of us have met, mapping party was fantastic, next step
should be formalizing. Basically a formal entity will allow our group to
be represented by a public entity, instead of just the individuals and
it has other perks like accepting donations, being recognized by LGU's,
making press releases, and well basically being a professional formal
organizations with a set of defined rules and regualations, officers,
board members etc. If I could summarize the main goal behind this
movement, it is to be able to push the growth of OpenStreetMap in the
Philippines more so that we can get the whole country in on it.

Now creating a NGO is a simple process, the hard stuff like coming up
with regulations etc can come later, its not even required. What is
required are 5 incorporators, these are basically 5 entities
(individuals or corporations) which will be the members that form the
organization. Also we need 5 board members and atleast a President and a
Secretary/Treasurer (President cannot be the secretary/treasurer but
those 2 can be one person). So technically the minimum is 5 people for
all this but we can use more if some incorporators won't be on the board
or officers.

Whoever is willing to be a part of the formation please reply back or
anyone has any comments please let me know. Ideally the shares would be
split evenly (20% each), and so even a foreigner can be part of it, but
if you're not in the country you need to get notarization at the nearest
Philippine Embassy. Enthropia Inc. can already fill one spot, so we just
need 4 more. Who wants to nominate a President, Secretary and Treasurer? :)

I hope we can get the ball rolling on this soon, would love to have
another mapping party :)

Thanks very much,

Andre Marcelo-Tanner