[talk-ph] [waypointsdotph] Re: Tropical Storm Ondoy: are you guys ok?

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 05:07:11 BST 2009

Hi maning,

Thank God you and your family are safe. We were worried when nobody could
contact you.

As for mapping for disaster, I don't know yet what we can do. Unlike in Gaza
for which maps are not available, Marikina is well-mapped. I guess what's
missing are geological and engineering information which can map where
flooding is common and where flooding is likely in cases of extreme
rainfall. (The US has flood maps but they are having trouble keeping them
up-to-date as evidenced by Katrina due to the fast pace of development.)
Maybe this can be a long-term objective.

For the meantime, we should focus on rescue and relief operations.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com

--
http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com