[talk-ph] Intramuros Mapping Party: Walking Papers scans

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Thu Dec 30 02:26:56 GMT 2010

maning sambale wrote, On Wednesday, 29 December, 2010 03:34 PM:
> On 12/29/10, Jim Morgan <jim at datalude.com> wrote:
>> Wow, just back from vacation,
> Hopefully with some gps traces. :)

Long story ... I used my GPS on the first day while I was wandering around. I just noted down a few waypoints. Then when I tried to record some tracks, the software wasn't working (I'm using Mobile Trail Explorer, and had just upgraded). I fiddled around with this for a few hours, and then my GPS ran out of battery. And of course, I hadn't brought the charging cord with me -- it was sitting on the table when I got home.

So, not very successful, but I put a few more places on the map at Bantayan.

>> Has anyone notified the Tourism Authority? I think they'd be impressed.
> I did went to the Tourism Office (the building was in my assigned cake
> slice) and explained them what we are doing.  They asked me whether I
> am bidding for the tourist map contract.

I'll send them an email and let the list know what happens.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/