[talk-ph] request for testing 10m contour for garmin (was Re: Groundtruth.)

Leonard Soriano banito_pinoy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 05:45:34 BST 2010

Maning,

Nadownload ko na yung .exe file. Laki ng file. Eksperimentuhan ko yung points na tinatanong mo. Mas interesado ako actually kung papano yung  usefulness nya na kung gamitin siya sa field.

As 10meter interval, naturally mas masinsin at detailed yung info but I would want to know later  kung kaya  ba basahin  ng mabilis or yung pag refresh ng GPS unit yung contour data. Lets see. Baka rin possible na instead  of having a 10meter interval, a 15m or 20m could suffice as a future dataset but this needs to be assessed and evaluated further.

On the quality of the contour data itself, this might be asking a lot. Possible rin siguro at some point of the processing to run a smooth filter that will remove some of the corners of the contours.

I thinks its a good product to start with. Elevation information is very important sa fieldwork or outdoors. It could be a potential "openstreet contour mapping project". Ayos man.

--bunny