[talk-ph] RFC: Planned Arivac Bohol Data Import

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 03:19:17 BST 2010

Alright, I didn't "hear" any objections, so I assume the community is
OK with the road import.  We will be adopting Option 3 : Pre-process
data to remove any duplicates from existing OSM data before upload.

I will start conflating both data offline (osm and arivac).   When
there is duplicate with arivac, OSM data will be retained.  The
generic tag for roads are as follows:

FIXME:verify road type
arivac_ID_ROA_BAS_: some number
highway:road
source:arivac
website:http://hisdu2.sph.uq.edu.au/arivac/

The donor requested to retain the "arivac_ID_ROA_BAS_: some number" so
that they can integrate our improvements into their own database later
on.

After the import, more work is needed particularly in add the correct
highway category.

I will announce the import later and will proceed if there no further
objections.