[talk-ph] calamba-sta cruz famy junction road?

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:02:05 GMT 2011

I am okay with renaming it. A least from its current name *calamba-sta cruz
famy junction road* which is no longer relevant

I believe the old name was still from the early days of editing when about
the only road south of Manila was the provincal road that went around Laguna
de Bay.  I also believe the name was inherited from the rudimentary track
segments from waypointsdotph indicating the segment end points.  Those are
insignificant now and should only be renamed.

ed

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:33 PM, tutubi <tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com>wrote:

> this always bugs me whenever i pass by calamba going home
> from calamba crossing, the road's tagged as calamba-sta cruz famy junction
> road
> (famy is quite far away)
>
> if you ask locals and see addresses printed on business establishments
> signages, it just says
> national highway...even locals in Paete call it National Highway and Manila
> East Road doesn't ring a bell
> (though it's really MER)
>
> this is from calamba to Pila...in Pila it's changed to Manila East
> Road...not sure where MER ends
> but can I change it to National Highway? After Crossing, it's tagged as
> such to Cabuyao, Binan and San Pedro.
> How about tagging it as Provincial Highway though it's really a national
> road?
>

> --
> ---
> I explore, therefore I blog.