[talk-ph] testing the address and street search in osmphgps garmin map

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:32:06 GMT 2011

Hi Noli,

I'm still not sure what kind of app you want to do.

Are you developing an app that will:

1. do geocoding and/or reverse geocoding using currently existing data
in the OSM database?

2. or help in increasing the geocoding-related data in the OSM database?

3. or both?

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Maning,
>
>> Not yet, you can ignore the housenumber or input any number in the
>> textbox to go to the street search.
>
> OK. it is capable to search the house number, if there is a data.
>
> Is it separate entry for the number?
>
>> Your project looks good, how do you plan to integrate this dbase into
>> osm?  AFAIK, there is an agreed code of conduct in OSM not to upload
>> any data in bulk by a single bot/user.
>
> I am planning to have a separate postgresql server, not use the OSM at
> the moment. I need help on this server. If I can not find a free
> server, I think I need to find a internet service provider with 24//7
> postgresql server.
>
> The postgresql server just need one database and one table i.e. Street
>
> Street (
> id
> Latitute
> Longitute
> StreetNo
> StreetName
> Place? <--------- for city and towns but I think no really
> Users?* <----- default - Juan dela Cruz  :-), Anonymous
> )
>
> * Good for statistics for contributors.
>
> The iphone app users will just input the StreetNo and StreetName. That it.
>
>> If this is the case you need
>> to provide a mechanism wherein your app users has their own OSM
>> account.  Good luck!
>
> I think we don't want the users to get OSM accounts,less work for them
> the better. Just the just street number and street names are good
> enough.
>
> However, we will find a mechanism how to integrate this latter on.
>
> Any other suggestions how can make this project going.
>
> I will register as Apple developer and have this as my first app :-).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards, Noli
>

>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Maning,
>>>
>>> Is POI for streetnames would be able to find / distinguish street
>>> number and street name?
>>>
>>> eg. 1 EDSA from 999 EDSA.
>>>
>>> The reason I am asking this, I am planning to develop iPhone app that
>>> acquires the location (lat/long) auto and StreetName (i.e. Street
>>> number + Street number) (-- i.e. only input by the users) and send to
>>> Postgresql server.
>>>
>>> It would be a FREE apps in Apple App Store.
>>>
>>> Objective
>>> 1. Geocode Philippine Streets for OSMPHGP and others
>>> 2.  Acquire Street Names for OSM-Ph.
>>>
>>> Android? Later on :-)
>>>
>>> Tools.
>>> 1. Route-Me for iOS (FOSS library)