[talk-ph] testing the address and street search in osmphgps garmin map

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 20:46:00 GMT 2011

Hi Eugene,

> 2. or help in increasing the geocoding-related data in the OSM database?

The app will do geocode Street number / House number. Iphone and
Android phones have buillt-in GPS. The app will automatically get the
coordinate (lat/long) + input of the user (i.e. Street No and Street
Name) and send it to database server (postgresql).

OSM database server is not probably suited to this app at the moment
since according to Maning is will not allow bot client. Iphone app
acts  like bot sending data to the server with one user. Although, I
am thinking of having multiple user names (e.g. 10 users with password
embedded in the app) but the problem still we need to register the 10
users in OSM database as well. I think we can't do that with one email
address.

I will be using PHP in the iphone app for connection and update of the
database. I need web server - Apache server with PHP extension and
postgresql server,  if not a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) will do as
well.

Once this system is running system and got the data, we can easily
upload the geocoded street address into OSM database from time to
time.

Do you know any internet server provider in Phils who offers Linux,
Apache, Postgres, PHP) and what is their monthly / yearly rate /
price?

(BTW, I am residing in Melbourne, Australia right now)

Regards, Noli