[talk-ph] recent crash problems to osmphgps mapsource/roadtrip installers

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:02:29 BST 2011

Dear osmphgps users and mappers,

There are some recent crash problems with the mapsource and roadtrip
installers of osmphgps.  See detailed issue report here:
https://github.com/maning/osmphgps/issues#issue/10

I suspect that there are some problems with the current data.  I am
looking into the mkgmap error logs to squash down data problems.  As a
result I have suspended the daily update to last the working extract
(20110321).  This is to ensure that users can continue downloading the
map even though it is outdated by a couple of days.

The daily compile is continuing, only the upload to the public links
were disabled.  This is for me to monitor what problems are fixed on a
daily basis.  If you want to help in squashing some of the data
problems, check the daily error logs here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/latest/mkgmap.log.0.txt?dl

Just ignore the reported error related to motorway exits like this: