[talk-ph] Increasing demand for OSM talks and workshops

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Thu Jan 30 09:53:20 UTC 2014

maning sambale wrote, On Wednesday, 29 January, 2014 06:40 PM:
>> Might it be more prudent if we can consolidate several of the requests into
>> 1, preferably in Manila? Outside of Manila, there is no group of mappers who
>> are also interested in spreading the word or giving lectures, workshops, and
>> tutorials.

Just thinking out loud here ... would it be possible to do tutorials or demos online, using web conferencing software? Then the geographical location becomes irrelevant. It defintely works for Slideshows and Q&A - I've done a few of them on Online Security topics.

Here are a couple
	http://www.anymeeting.com/   (ad supported)
	https://www.meetingburner.com/  (ten participants free)

... and there are more around. Maybe OSM has an account with one of the paid ones, which we could borrow for an hour?

Jim

--

    datalude: information security
    e: jim at datalude.com
    Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
    Hong Kong: +852 5125 3392
    w: http://www.datalude.com/