[talk-ph] landuse = farm

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Mon May 1 19:28:55 UTC 2017

During early April I looked at  nodes/ways/relations tagged as
landuse=farm as reclassified many of them as appropriate.

Howver , in some places I noted that individual fields had been tagged
using landuse = farm, for example:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/11.225924767247454/124.54216374231005
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/16.933969/121.13637
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/14.883274660783613/120.25851326487962

At present I have done nothing with these ways

The standard use in OSM for landuse=farmland is for it to be used on
larger areas, rather than individual fields

There appears to be no approved tag in OSM for fields, (though taginfo
<https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/field#values> shows field=yes
used on 388 occasions worldwide)

There seem to be a number of possibilities regarding these ways:

1) retag them as landuse=farmland
2) delete them and draw a single way round the larger outline of all the
adjacent fields and tag this as landuse=farmland
3) retag  them as field=yes, and also draw a single way round the larger
outline of all the adjacent fields and tag this as landuse=farmland.

Of these I think I favour approach 3 as it keeps the field data in OSM
(someone might have a use for this)

What are your thoughts?

Regards

David