[talk-ph] OSM contributions - some basics for a newby

Glen Scott paverne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:34:57 UTC 2017

Thanks Erwin, all noted.

I'm sure I'll have further questions on conventions or even basic editing
queries - is it best to ask here or via personal email, and if the latter,
who should I ask?

I've seen the PH conventions page, and finding it useful (e.g. tagging fish
farm pond "water") but one example where I'm not 100% clear would be the
pond dividers, where I see there are a few techniques in use, well at least
two (a) leaving some land between the ponds, and (b) making one large pond
and dividing it with lines tagged as embankments.  I see both in use; my
attempts so far have been to leave strips of land, though the embankment
line approach would be quicker.

Cheers

Glen