[Talk-scotland] Trunk roads in Edinburgh

Donald Noble drnoble at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 13:01:34 UTC 2016

I have changed [1] the remaining sections of A90/A199/A8 road through
Edinburgh from trunk to primary (keeping _link as appropriate). I think
these clearly do not meet the description on the wiki of being motorway
standard roads, and they are no longer on the government's list of trunk
roads. This presumably means any remaining green signs will be replaced in
due course.

I have left 2 sections as trunk for now, that are not on the list of trunk
roads:
1. The A90 between the M90 spur and Cramond Brig.
2. The A702 city bypass between the A8 and the M8/Hermiston junction.

Both of these are key dual carriageway routes, where cycling is not
allowed, so could be taken as almost motorway standard. Any further
thoughts on these sections?

regards, Donald

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/38081751