[Talk-scotland] Edinburgh 20mph Limits

me at chrisfleming.org me at chrisfleming.org
Thu Mar 2 14:36:46 UTC 2017

I think I would tend to agree with Robert, ideally we would seek
permission to use the street list from the council. But there is merit
in surveying, to get thing exactly right.

I have my tasking manager up and running again, and have been having a
play with polygon based task shaping, have a loom here:

http://tasks.openstreetmapscotland.org/project/2

Basically, I created an .osm file. Then used http://geojson.io/ to turn
it into a geojson file. Every polygone in that file in turn becomes a
task. So we can divide the zone into logical zones that people can
claim, survey and update.

That way we won't duplicate effort and can ensure we cover the complete
zones.

If we can agree that this is a good idea, then login to the task
manager, I will bump up your privilidges to create a new project. And or I can
share my .osm file to finish divding up and create the task.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Chris