Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 28 11:46:55 UTC 2019

Hello
General points:

Are Stop_Areas required?
What are they for?
Are they in use?/Who uses them?/Will they ever be used?*
If there is a purpose for them, what should they consist of? I've seen
shops, bike racks, litter bins included. Surely they're irrelevant?

Remove public_transport=station/train=yes &
public_transport=platform/train=yes from railways.
They are purely duplication of the existing, much used
railway=station/railway=platform respectively. They provide no
additional information. Duplication is wasted effort. It leads to
confusion & errors.

The use of 'platform' seems to have been hi-jacked by PT to represent a
stopping place instead of it's original true meaning of a physical
raised area above road level to aid vehicle boarding. Is
public_transport=platform required at all on bus stops? As with
railways, use existing tags.

* I think these questions need to be asked of all PT tags. From what I
can ascertain the various schemas were developed in great detail to look
good on paper, but appear to have little relevance to real world usage.
I think this is further borne out by PT tags not being widely implemented.

DaveF