Johnparis okosm at johnfreed.com
Mon May 13 15:38:36 UTC 2019

I agree that platforms should be mapped as ways only if they physically
exist. What I'm saying is that I don't object if someone does map such an
object, but the information from the transit agency should always be
contained in a node, not a way, as Jo mentioned.

I usually place the node inside the closed way if it exists, but another
possibility (and necessary if it's an unclosed way) is to make the node a
part of the way.