[Talk-us] tiger:review=yes

Scott Atwood scott.roy.atwood at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 20:08:55 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Joseph Scanlan <n7xsd at arrl.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Russ Nelson wrote:
>
> > Presumably, hopefully, nobody is making changes that they
> > think make the feature worse.
>
> Uh, err, um, I do.  *blush*
>
> Sometimes I have a good track on an Interstate and I can see
> interchanges, bridges, etc on the Yahoo images.  Combined with the TIGER
> data this should give us an accurate motorway and I delete the
> "tiger:review" tag.  So far, so good.
>
> What do I do with the minor ways that cross?  Sometimes I delete a
> portion and sometimes I move the way off the Interstate, hoping I left
> enough for the next mapper to work with.  I can't claim I reviewed the
> minor way, not traveling down the Interstate at 75 mph.
>
> So, yes, I will risk making a feature worse if I can improve the map
> overall.

And sometimes, when I'm cleaning up a dense urban grid of TIGER data, I have
to stop somewhere, and very often that means I may have moved only one or
two nodes belonging to a way, leaving a major unnatural kink in the road,
and some ways only partly cleaned up, but still in need of further review.
-Scott

--
Scott Atwood

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia.  ~H.G. Wells