[Talk-us] NHD status?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:57:34 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Doug Morrison-Cleary <lists at hildormen.net>wrote:

> Nooooooo. I live in northern MN and all we have around here are lakes!
> I really want them in yesterday <grin>. Please :-)

Ok I suppose I should have been more explicit. The lakes and river areas
seem to be the easiest to tag in OSM. They are bodies of water. The sticky
parts are the marshes and canals/drainage ditches.

Perhaps we could just start an import with tags that make sense for these
things (e.g. natural=marsh). Either that or we only import the FCode/FTypes
that have an obvious OSM tagging scheme right now and import the other stuff
later.