[Talk-us] Salt Fork Lake rendering issue

David ``Smith'' vidthekid at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 10:03:23 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Seth Fitzsimmons <seth at mojodna.net> wrote:
> That looks likely.  Quabbin Reservoir (Western MA) is also rendering
> similarly: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.3749&lon=-72.2847&zoom=12&layers=0B00FTF
>
> Last I checked, landuse=reservoir is being rendered like natural=water
> even though it shouldn't be.  With the MassGIS OpenSpace import, lots
> of landuse=reservoir polys were imported and represent "protected
> areas", not water.
>
> seth
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a guess. landuse=reservoir overrules natural water.

I don't think that's the issue.  For one thing, Quabbin renders fine
in Mapnik, but poorly in Osmarender.  For Salt Fork Lake, the opposite
is true.  So they are two unrelated problems.  For another thing, all
of the relevant wiki pages seem to indicate that landuse=reservoir is
just as valid as natural=water for this type of feature.  (What kind
of "protected area" was tagged as landuse=reservoir in the MassGIS
import?  Unless those areas protect water, that tagging is wrong.)
Besides, I've done numerous smaller bodies of water which are both
landuse=reservoir and natural=water, as multipolygons and as single
ways, and this is the only one causing problems.

--
David "Smith"
a.k.a. Vid the Kid

Does this font make me look fat?