[Talk-us] U.S. Local Chapters

Sarah Manley sarah.m.manley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 23:56:48 BST 2009

Hello All,

Looks like we are getting off to a good start. We have 15 folks on the wiki,
and need 20 to start our the chapter. So please spread the word.

 I think it might be helpful for us to break into committees, so to handle
different aspects of forming, managing and advocating for the chapter.
Thoughts? It may be best for us to self identify on the wiki with what
committee we would like to be on, as well as if we have services that could
be of help (ie lawyer, accountant, experience in forming a non-profit etc).
If we plan to have an advisory board, we may also want to create a section
where people can make proposals.

>From there we can work on drafting and adopting the draft rules, as well as
decide on when and where to incorporate. If its helpful, we may want to set
a time for a conference call to iron out some of the details.

Best,
Sarah