[Talk-us] Final Take of Directional Prefixes and Suffixes proposal

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Wed Aug 18 09:18:37 BST 2010

I scaled back my proposal to limit it for the case when the directional
prefix should not be part of the street name.  You can find it here:
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Directional_Prefix_%26_Suffix_Indication

I also tried to make it compatible with a future full breakout of street
components.  Let me know if you have suggestions towards this goal.  But
please, do not give yet another full breakout proposal as that is beyond
the scope of this proposal.

Feedback welcome.  Please also fell free to make minor edits on the web
page.  I hope to enter a formal RFC process within a week.