[Talk-us] What would you want done with TIGER 2010?

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Tue Aug 24 18:59:28 BST 2010

> I'm curious what they did with the addressing. The addressing is derived
> from the door to door GPSing the census bureau did for several months.

  As far as I know, they consider the detailed addressing survey in 2009 to
be subject to the Census privacy laws.   The public addressing in the TIGER
2010 will be only to within the nearest block.   There may be some
corrections, but the overall precision will remain the same as previous
versions.

  This was a hot topic at US SOTM.   It is my understanding that it will
take a change to the law for the Census Bureau to reclassify the detailed
addresses as not subject to the privacy laws.