[Talk-us] FEMA seeking ideas for community disaster preparedness

Leroy E Leonard leeoncandler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:49:32 GMT 2010

Project of the week or month is another good idea.

I have no personal contacts in FEMA and wouldn't know how to find out
what holes they have in their data sets and how OSMers could help fill
them. That's a conversation that might be best hosted online in a
forum such as this.

As I outlined in my previous post, OSM can bring a network of mappers
and local "experts" as well as a very local map of variable richness
to the table. Our people and map could be made more valuable with some
guidance and education about which features would be the most useful
for crisis preparedness.

Any folks from FEMA (or other experience) want to offer some suggestions?

 -- Lee