[Talk-us] using address interpolation with building polygons

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Mar 25 17:59:07 GMT 2011

On 3/25/11 1:36 PM, Phil! Gold wrote:
> * Richard Welty<rwelty at averillpark.net>  [2011-03-25 12:07 -0400]:
>> i see no examples of using interpolation ways with building polygons.
>> can anyone point me to any examples of this?
> The only time I've mixed the two has been with stripmall-style buildings
> where there are a series of businesses in the same building (or, if you
> like, a series of adjacent buildings with uniform storefronts).  Rather
> than terrace the buildings[0], I often just trace the outline of the whole
> set, mark it as building=yes, and add an unconnected address interpolation
> line, like so: http://osm.org/go/ZcIoRxFhk--
>
> I'm not sure if that's the answer you were looking for, but it's the best
> I've come up with for relating address interpolation and polygonal
> buildings.
what i'm looking at is a rural residential road where there are
scattered homes
and the intermittant business where i've done the building outline
instead of just
an node with an address. the address nodes work just fine, but i have no
idea
how to include a building polygon with an address on the way into an address
interpolation and have it work.

the answer may be that it doesn't, which would be a little
disappointing, but also
if that's the case the wiki page on address interpolations should
explicitly say
that this is the case

richard