[Talk-us] FYI - Georgia questionable edits

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Mar 29 12:37:43 BST 2011

I noticed that a user 'georgia 343' had made some edits in my area.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/georgia%20343 .  A few of the edits
were legitimate.  Most of them look like he was just playing around
(etch-a-sketch).   If you're in the Georgia area or know community
members in that area, you may wish to review the edits.  For example:

   Junk looking way "Airport street" :

   Cycle way named "85" that appears to randomly cross highways:

   Way "ashville drive" that randomly crosses other roads:

   Way "steve lane"  http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/104948647

    Speed limits in MPH entered without units as KPH, and only
approximate - for example, http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/9296637

  Now, it may be that those are legitimate, but the changes in my area
are definitely not legitimate.   I plan to revert all changes in my area
that are bogus.

    I sent a message to the user but haven't had any response.