[Talk-us] Work to be done

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Apr 8 18:48:34 BST 2012

If anybody hasn't noticed (!) our tools to discover areas which need
license remapping are still extant:  I find JOSM-enabling Remote
Control and the License Check plugin, then using BADMAP layer's "Edit
in JOSM" feature to be extremely valuable in this quest, especially
with JOSM's Bing layer turned on (thank you, Microsoft, and I wasn't
sure I would ever say that).  If OSM's Powers That Be have decided to
"not quite yet" force actual deletion of un-licensable data, I also
thank them/us that the April 1st deadline was not "hard," but appears
to be "soft."  Please, let's make the best of this additional window
of time we have to re-map!

California's Bay Area shows marked improvement, and as of now is
"about navigable."  (Though it is true:  much other non-road data in
the Bay Area will likely still be lost).  Working "outward" from
there, a lot of Central Valley (California) highways/freeways still
need work, and Southern California freeways in Los Angeles, Orange,
and parts of Riverside and San Bernardino counties are a major task
still remaining.  Highways/freeways in greater San Diego also remain
"not navigable" although the good news is that I envision that work
taking only a couple/few days of dedicated effort by a/some skilled
OSMer(s).

We can do this!

SteveA
California