[Talk-us] Here's a weird one

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:13:02 BST 2012

On 4/18/2012 3:38 PM, Charlotte Wolter wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Right in the middle of Beverly Hills, on the southeast corner of
> Carmelita and Arden (north of Santa Monica Boulevard and south of Sunset
> Bl.) appear the words "Pacific Coast Highway." Now, PCH is at least five
> miles away. And, an examination of the corner with Potlatch 2 produced
> nothing that would make a point saying "Pacific Coast Highway." I don't
> use JOSM, so maybe there is something there that I can't find with my
> primitive Potlatch 2. :-)
> Can anyone solve this mystery? Many thanks in advance.

It's because someone added
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/29234226 to this multipolygon:

I'm not sure what the multipolygon is supposed to be (probably a CDP,
though it only has inner ways), but it then got its name from the only
member with a name tag. I've fixed it; you'll probably have to mark
tiles as dirty.