[Talk-us] Fwd: identifying TIGER deserts

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Dec 7 18:34:02 GMT 2012

Reply to all FTW..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org>
Date: Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] identifying TIGER deserts
To: Ian Villeda <villeda at mapbox.com>

Hi,

Great that you're adopting this. In the spirit of adoption, maybe we
can discuss an adopt-a-cell scheme similar to the adopt-a-quad idea
USGS employs for their map corps. In the board, we are discussing the
notion of 'data stewards' - folks who care enough about a local area
that they want to commit to certain goals - wiping and keeping an area
clean of errors, welcoming new local mappers, visiting all TIGER v1
roads, any combination of the above. Let's talk about how we can fit
these notions together.

--
Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/