[Talk-us] User adding many Safeway grocery stores, with ref number in name

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:31:10 GMT 2012

I actually contacted this person a while ago and kind of forgot to
follow up. I suggested putting the store number in the ref tag. Part
of his response:

"Hi, I am a Vons employe and as apart of my training we have been told
to call all stores as by their proper name like in Brea (the store I
work at) Our store is called Vons 2326. If you look at the whole edit
store there is name Vons 2626 and under ref. is Safeway 2326 (safeway
is our perant company). The source I am using is each store's
webpage."

He has done good work mapping several Safeway subsidiaries throughout
the US. But yeah I agree the store number should go in the ref tag. We
don't really care about internal Safeway naming conventions... we care
about how that data fits into OUR data model.

Toby