[Talk-us] User adding many Safeway grocery stores, with ref number in name

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Jan 8 18:51:37 GMT 2012

On 1/8/2012 1:31 PM, Toby Murray wrote:
> He has done good work mapping several Safeway subsidiaries throughout
> the US. But yeah I agree the store number should go in the ref tag. We
> don't really care about internal Safeway naming conventions... we care
> about how that data fits into OUR data model.

   Our data model is freeform tags.   Anything goes.   The only penalty
for excessive creativity is the loss of usefulness to data consumers.
A quick Wiki search didn't turn up anything about refs and buildings.
I've tagged gas stations as "Lou's Spinx #46" before from the receipt
info without knowing that it was not useful information.