[Talk-us] Problem with an Armchair user

Sam Iacullo sjiacullo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:34:27 GMT 2012

Dear All,

I am having a problem with the user NE2 (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/NE2/edits). Since the beginning of the
year, he has been making massive, broad spectrum changes in Texas. The
edits he's done have been without regard to the appropriate and established
tagging system, and work that has already been completed. After messaging
him, I found out that he's in Florida, and has absolutely NO local
knowledge of the roads he's editing.

I have spent about 25 hours a week working on Texas since I joined OSM in
November 2010. In some areas, I actually drove several hours to make sure
that I was getting the correct designation. I feel at a loss as to what to
do, since I can't even come close to describe what he's doing to my beloved
state. Is there anything you can do to help?

Sincerely,
Sam Iacullo
San Antonio, TX