[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Post bot cleanup

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Jul 20 17:30:46 BST 2012

Hey,

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> OK, I have had a first stab at it.
>
> http://apmon.dev.openstreetmap.org/us_routing_grid.html
>
> It is only 25 cities so far, but if it turns out to be useful it can easily
> be extended to more cities.
>
> The big problem though is automatically figuring out if routes are broken or
> not and then colour them red or green accordingly. At the moment it doesn't
> do this at all.
>
> Anyone have some good ideas for this?

The 'easiest' way I see is to compare those results with the same
calculation based on data from a week or a month old. Wherever the
difference in time / distance is more than a certain threshold, say 5
or 10%, the route needs to be looked at.

More elaborate method  is to look at the spatial correlation between
old and new route, and make a map showing the routes where new
diverges from old more than a certain threshold.

That said, I don't really know how ot do either offhand, but hope it
helps anyway.

Martijn

--
martijn van exel