[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Post bot cleanup

the Old Topo Depot oldtopos at novacell.com
Fri Jul 20 18:23:39 BST 2012

I'm presuming that Kai's link is showing only current data.

So what's needed is

1.  A pre-redaction planet snapshot, loaded into a DB.
2.  An installation of the OSRM that uses 1 for its calculations
3.  Changes to Kai's work to look at both source, compute the deltas and
color the results appropriately
4.  Stuff I missed...

Can we install these components on the OSM US server(s), or does anyone
know if they're already available elsewhere ?

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:
> [..]
> > OK, I have had a first stab at it.
> >
> > http://apmon.dev.openstreetmap.org/us_routing_grid.html
> >
> > It is only 25 cities so far, but if it turns out to be useful it can
> easily
> > be extended to more cities.
> >
> > The big problem though is automatically figuring out if routes are
> broken or
> > not and then colour them red or green accordingly. At the moment it
> doesn't
> > do this at all.
> >
> > Anyone have some good ideas for this?
>
> The 'easiest' way I see is to compare those results with the same
> calculation based on data from a week or a month old. Wherever the
> difference in time / distance is more than a certain threshold, say 5
> or 10%, the route needs to be looked at.
>
> More elaborate method  is to look at the spatial correlation between
> old and new route, and make a map showing the routes where new
> diverges from old more than a certain threshold.
>
> That said, I don't really know how ot do either offhand, but hope it
> helps anyway.
>
> Martijn
>
> --
> martijn van exel