[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Post bot cleanup

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 04:28:16 BST 2012

Martijn van Exel-3 wrote

>> The big problem though is automatically figuring out if routes are broken
>> or
>> not and then colour them red or green accordingly. At the moment it
>> doesn't
>> do this at all.
>>
>> Anyone have some good ideas for this?
>
> The 'easiest' way I see is to compare those results with the same
> calculation based on data from a week or a month old. Wherever the
> difference in time / distance is more than a certain threshold, say 5
> or 10%, the route needs to be looked at.

OK, I have done something similar now, just that I used google calculated
routes as a reference. Those routes that are more than 5% longer either in
distance or time are flagged as red, others are green.

This isn't perfect, but at least it gives a good first indication of which
routes are broken and hopefully as people continue fixing the interstate
system more and more routes will turn green.

The updated version is at the same URL as before (
http://apmon.dev.openstreetmap.org/us_routing_grid.html )

Kai