[Talk-us] Adding Tiger 2011 Data

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Mar 1 02:40:31 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Josh Doe <josh at joshdoe.com> wrote:

> Please don't any more for a bit. Share with the list your recent
> changesets, and the scripts you are using to convert the files. Also see
> the manual conflation article on the wiki for my process. I can send a link
> when I'm at a desktop.

I'm not using scripts.  It is all manual cut and past as described in the
manual conflation wiki article.  After copying the tiger data, the new way
needs to be assigned the appropriate highway type, in my case it is all
residential.  Then the name needs to be added.  Copying in the tiger data
gives a Key value of FULLNAME.  The FULLNAME is copied into a name key.
 With the street names in this area of Tucson, the direction, i.e. N is
expanded and the suffix, ln, dr, pl, etc. also need expanding.   As you
mention in the wiki, the new ways need to be connected to the existing ways.

Examples<https://plus.google.com/photos/101103612980566933205/albums/5714751922146253313?authkey=CIXuv-LrhueQoAE>of
the nodes as they appear in Potlatch2 can be seen in my google+ photo
album.

Clifford