[Talk-us] MapRoulette new challenge: connectivity

Ivan Komarov jkomarov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:37:13 GMT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Matthias Meißer <digi_c at arcor.de> wrote:
> But (that might be what Frederik already said), remember that the rest of
> the community outside the US is quit unfamilar with TIGER import issues in
> detail.
> For example, I tried to fix a bug, but it turned out, that the road didn't
> match the BING imagery. So what to do? Is BING or TIGER wrong?

In case of major highway editing, tracks are usually available and
that helps to resolve this ambiguity. But in case of uncertainty it
always possible to leave the error alone. Even if we get 70% of this
problems fixed it's better than what we have now in many states. Based
on my experience, there are about 500-3000 errors of this type per
state and only tens of them are non-obvious to fix.

Ivan.