[Talk-us] key source:maxspeed

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:44:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> The general usage is according to the wiki:
> distinguish between implicit and explicit speed limits (i.e. the
> default maxspeed in the context (urban, rural, motorway) and sign
> posted limits). The idea is to always add maxspeed=number(unit like
> mph or kmh) to highways and to distinguish where the limit comes from
> with the additional key source:maxspeed.

Since you didn't give specific examples I can't speak in specifics, but it
sounds like the mapper adding that value for the `source:maxspeed` tag is
using the tag correctly. They are specifying the source for the speedlimit
tag. They found the maxspeed value in a PDF somewhere.